Neptuno 9 Benagil - ENG
Neptuno 9 is a beautifully renovated apartment for 5 people in the Algarve. The apartment is located in the charming fishing village of Benagil, with a few restaurants and a beautiful coastline with spectacular, golden rock formations. Only 200 meters separates this tasteful apartment from the sandy beach of Praia de Benagil on the Atlantic Ocean. Neptuno 9 features 2 spacious bedrooms equipped with air conditioning, carefully selected bedding and beautiful rattan furniture. There are also 2 large bathrooms for maximum comfort, equipped with walk-in showers, Balinese stone sinks and colorful tiles. In the living room you will find a mix of Portuguese tradition and contemporary design. The cozy fireplace and unique decorations give the house a warm, homey feel that will make you feel right at home.
Next to it you will find the fully equipped kitchen, with modern appliances. The French doors lead to the terrace with dining table on one side of the apartment and on the other side to the garden with the communal pool.
Enjoy a romantic dinner with sea view or relax in the sun on a sun bed in the garden. For cooling down on hot days you can dive into the pool or walk towards the beach Praia de Benagil. The village is best known for its sea caves under the cliffs. You can rent kayaks or book boat excursions to see the sea caves along this beautiful coastline. In addition, there are several villages and towns to visit in the area.
Neptuno 9 is located on a traffic circle and just 200 meters from Benagil beach (200m), a cozy sandy beach with a beach bar between impressive cliffs. Here you will also find fairytale sea caves, a rock formation with caves that you can reach by boat, kayak or SUP. Other beautiful sandy beaches nearby are: Praia do Carvalho (1,3km), Praia Vale Centeanes (3km), Praia da Marinha (2,8km), Praia do Carvoeiro (7km), Praia do Barranquinho (5,4km), Praia dos Carneiros (10km). The many bays in the area offer many water activities such as: snorkeling, diving, boat trips and hours of fun for the kids in the rock pools. In Benagil you can make a beautiful walk namely 'Seven Hanging Valleys Trail'. It is a beautiful route over well trodden paths with a continuous view over the sea with nice viewpoints on the cliffs, rocks and beaches. The route ends at Praia de Marinha. By car you can reach Carvoeiro in 5 minutes. Equipped with characteristic whitewashed houses, stores, bars and restaurants located near the beautiful sandy beach, this is a nice place for a few hours in the sun and a delicious lunch on the terrace. Discover the town of Portimão (15 km), a lively town beautiful beaches, fantastic restaurants and bars near the busy harbor. The nearest beach for surfing Praia de Rocha in Portimao. Also Faro (60 km) and Faro airport are easy to reach and here you will find a cozy town center with old buildings and many attractive streets. This is the ideal location if you want to stroll through the city along boutique stores, old cathedrals and the cozy harbor. Alvor and Ferragudo are former fishing villages where you can enjoy live music in the evening at one of the lively bars or seafood restaurants. Silves is a beautiful medieval fortified town and also one of the older towns in the interior of the Algarve. The town is characterized by the castle which can be seen from far away and the nice little steep streets. On top of the mountain is the walled city center. Lagos is also one of the older towns in the Algarve and is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Algarve. The town has a very nice center with many stores, restaurants and bars and a beautiful boulevard with palm trees. On this boulevard you can find almost daily a trinket market. Monchique lies about fifteen kilometers inland in the Algarve. It is one of the highest villages in Portugal, situated in the mountains above the Algarve. With its natural spring, it is especially known as a wellness resort. The Monchique Mountains are an excellence hiking paradise. It is located in a protected area, the Serra de Monchique, and is endowed with a rich flora and fauna. That is why it is also called the 'garden of the Algarve'. After years of much hiking, we are still discovering new paths. Tavira is a town and a municipality in the eastern part of the Algarve not far from the border with Spain and is definitely worth a visit. Albufeira is without doubt the most popular vacation destination in the Algarve. Every year tens of thousands of tourists visit the town to enjoy all the good things the Algarve has to offer. A Sardinha is one of my favorite beach restaurants. Highly recommended! A 50-minute drive away is the Ria Formosa protected area, a 60 km long lagoon with a maze of islands, white beaches and dunes with native plants and wildlife. Here you can not only hike, but also spot animals or take a bike ride. In addition, there are spectacular beaches and bays where you can often enjoy the view all alone.
- Multiple supermarkets (Carvoeiro): Intermarché 5 km
- Bakker (Carvoeiro): Fabrica Velha 5km
- Carvoeiro: 5 km
- Faro Airport: 62 km
Things to do
- Dolphine watching: Wildwatch Algarve Ferragudo
- Benagil boottrip, kayak, SUP: Taruga Benagil
- Tours Ria Formosa: Nature park where you can bike, do boat trip, hike. Bicycles can be rented at BajaBikes
- Seven Hanging Trail: Walk of 11.4km along the cliffs. Walking shoes or firm sports shoes recommended. Starting point stairs next to restaurant O Algar. Endpoint Praia de Marinha.
- Trilho da Fóia : Foia is the highest point in the Algarve. This mountain is 902 meters high and belongs to the mountain area Monchique. From Foia you have a beautiful view of the region of Faro. On one side you look at the flat coastal land with the ocean in the background. On the other side you look at the Portuguese hinterland. On clear days you can see far. PR3 MCQ – Trilho da Fóia (Monchique) | Map, Guide - Faro, Portugal | AllTrails
Restaurants in Benagil
- O Pescador (300m) Fish restaurant - recommended!
- Sul Mar (200m) Portuguese - Simple and excellent food!
- O Algar (300m) Portuguese - recommended!
- Casa Lamy (200m) Grilled fish - lunch
- O Litoral (500m) Portuguese
- A Galé (Carvoeiro) Portuguese - recommended!
- A PALETA (Lagoa) Portuguese - Simple and excellent food!
- Porches Velho (Porches) Portuguese - recommended!
- MAR d’FORA (Carvoeiro) Mediterian, fine
- SemiXO (Carvoeiro) Portuguese - Asian
- Pani (Carvoeiro) Indian
- Earth (Carvoeiro) breakfast/brunch
- Quinto dos Santos (Carvoeiro) Winery
- A Tasca (Armacao de Pera) Portuguese - recommended!
- RESTAURANTE MARISQUEIRA RUI (Silves) Seafood Restaurant - recommended!
- Restaurant F (Portimoa) Mediterian
- NoSoloÁgua (Portimoa) Beachbar Mediteran - lunch - diner - cocktails (on the beach)
- KALU BEACH BAR (Ferragudo) Lunch (on the beach) - recommended!
- O Stop (Carvoeiro) Beachbar – restaurant, feed in the sand - (on the beach)
- Boneca Bar (Carvoeiro) Beachbar – restaurant Praia (between the rocks)
- Praia Dourada (Amarçao de Pêra) beachbar – restaurant (on the beach)
- Ocean ( Amarçao de Pêra ) 2* restaurant (seaview)
- Vista (Portimao) 1* restaurant - (seaview)
- A SARDINHA (Albufeira) Fish -Portuguese (on the beach)
- Apartamento Neptuno 9 (Waze & Google Maps)8400 – 401 Benagil
- 37°05'21.6"N 8°25'41.0"W
- Plus Code: 3HQC+PQ Lagoa, Portugal
When entering the village of Benagil, take a left at the roundabout. Attention: you immediately turn left where the residence Neptuno is located (on the left hand side). At the corner of the building you will see a sign 'Sereia'. Drive past it to the car park at the back. Your parking spot is the one that belongs to no.9. Do not drive down towards the beach.
Rules in the building
- Respect the silence from 11 pm to 9 am.
- The use of the swimming pool is allowed from 9 am to 11 pm
- Children must always be accompanied by their parents at the pool
- Glasses or glass bottles are not allowed at the pool. You can use plastic cups for this purpose. They must not be put in the dishwasher!
- There are sun beds at the pool that may be used
- No pets allowed
- Smoking inside is prohibited
- Normally you are not allowed to throw toilet paper in the toilet but since this is practically not possible when renting out the house, I would like to urge you not to use clumps of toilet paper.
Hygienic wipes, sanitary napkins or tampons are FORBIDDEN to throw in the toilet.
Netwerk: MEO-CDFC40 of MEO-CDFC41-5G
It is possible to enter the accommodation yourself. You will find the keys in the keybox. The code to open is 3060. The Keybox is located at the front of the terrace, in the bottom of the corner. Please put the key back in the keybox immediately after entering the house. The key for daily use (with red ribbon) hangs inside on the hook of the fuse board.
- Check-in from 16 pm
- Check-out before 11 am
- Keybox: 3060
- Code safe: 2684a
- Towels (bath- and beach towel)
- Hand soap
- Toilet paper
The thermostat on the heater in the bathroom should always be set to 'on'. If it gets too hot, the temperature knob can be turned to the left. By default, this is limited to 22 °. The heater switches on automatically between 6 am and 10 pm.
Kitchen & dining room
- The work top is made of Siletone. Silestone consists of more than 90% natural quartz, making it
extremely hard and resistant. However, it’s not allowed to place hot cooking pots on it to prevent discoloration or stains.
Operation of the extractor hood can be found on the left and right when you open the extractor hood.
Provided: oil, balsamic vinegar, pepper, salt, spices, coffee (Dolce Gusto), detergent, dishwasher
cloth, washing-up cubes. Please refill when it runs out!
Kitchen towels included
Please always use pads on the wooden table
- Double bed 180 x 200cm
- Safe (in closet)
- Sheets & blankets
- Down blanket
- Ironing board, iron, babycot (in closet)
- Double bed 180 x 200cm
- Single bed 90 x 200cm
- Sheets & blankets
- Down blanket
You must deposit the garbage after your stay in the containers (rest, paper, glass) around the corner of the building (towards Carvoeiro).There is a waste bin for residual waste and a sorting bin for paper/cardboard, plastic and glass.
- Private terrace (front & back)
- Dining table
- Beach and bath towels
- Air conditioning in 2 bedrooms & living room
- Maid service: once a week
- Washing machine
- Clothesline (front terrace)
- Coffee machine (Dolce Gusto)
- Induction stove
- Baby chair (on request)
- Towels and linen
- Use of gas, water and electricity
Mena does the maintenance. She provides sheets & a towel set. Towels are changed on day 7 of your stay if you stay more than 7 days. Cleaning is done at the end of your stay. Mena speaks only Portuguese.
For questions contact Pascale (owner) +32 479994930 (Dutch, English)